Joshua H. Warmund, Esq.
- Managing Partner
- tel: +1.610.247.2754
- fax: +1.610.771.4395
Mr. Warmund is the Managing Partner and Founder of WarmundLaw, LLC. At WarmundLaw, LLC, Mr. Warmund is a trusted business and legal advisor in M&A, financing, joint ventures, corporate governance, software and content licensing, professional services, IP, employment matters, data security & privacy and other related concerns.
Prior to WarmundLaw, LLC, Mr. Warmund served as Associate General Counsel at Infor Global Solutions, a multinational ERP software vendor, joining shortly after its initial start up. In the course of 5 years, Mr. Warmund helped support Infor’s growth from a start-up position to over 7000X growth in annual revenue, over 30 acquisitions, 70,000+ customers, a top 3 position in the global ERP space and a top 10 position in the global software space. At Infor, Mr. Warmund supervised or managed a number of business and legal concerns across North America, with additional support for issues arising in EMEA and APAC. In addition to closing various strategic customer and partner transactions in both the private and public/government sphere, Mr. Warmund counseled in M&A activity and integration, helped to establish policies and procedures for Infor’s Cloud Computing strategy, Open Source strategy, License Management/Compliance strategy, online and print marketing/advertising policies, data privacy and data security, U.S. export regulation compliance, and counseled or supervised various employment and litigation matters. Additionally, Mr. Warmund directed and managed Infor’s global IP docket.
Prior to Infor, Mr. Warmund practiced in New York City law firms, specializing in Media, IT and general corporate matters. In this capacity, he counseled on, advised and prepared a multitude of IT contracts and licenses, M&A matters, joint ventures, U.S. and EMEA IP matters (both transactional and litigation), brokered venture and finance relationships for both U.S. and international clients and prepared various ’33, ’34 and ’40 Act filings.
New York State, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Southern District of New York, Eastern District of New York.
Fordham University School of Law, JD – Fordham International Law Journal (Managing Editor), Fordham International Criminal Law Symposium (Director), Unemployment Action Center, Inc. (Chairman and Director), Joseph R. Crowley Memorial Award.
Cornell University, B.A., Philosophy – Cornell University Varsity Soccer: Ivy League Champion, New York State Champion.
Publications & Professional Presentations
– Development Agreements are Vital to Prevent Later Disputes Over Proprietary Interests in Web Sites, New York State Bar Association Law Journal (November 2002).
– PRESENTATION: Measuring Proprietary Interests In A Web Site’s Code And Content In The Absence Of A Written Agreement, LawTech 2002: IASTED International Conference (Cambridge, MA: Nov. 6 – Nov. 9 2002).
– Can COPPA Work: An Analysis of the Parental Consent Measures in the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, 11 FORDHAM INTELL. PROP. MEDIA & ENT. L. J. 189 (2001).
– PRESENTATION: The Parental Consent Measures in COPPA: LawTech 2000: IASTED International Conference (San Francisco: Oct. 28 – Nov. 1, 2000).
– Removing Drug Lords and Street Pushers: The Extradition of Nationals in Colombia and the Dominican Republic, 22 Fordham Int’l L.J. 2373 (1999).